Tuesday, June 21, 2011

She's crafty...

Crafters, creatives and anyone looking for some good finds for that next DIY project...clear your calendars for this Saturday - Etsy Dallas presents Supplies Me!  What is that, you ask?  Well forgive me for simply cutting and pasting from their blog, but I took my toddler to the spray park today and I'm exhausted from triple digit heat, fire ant bites (three of them, to be exact...) and a wonderland of mud thanks to last night's downpour. Note to self - the next time I wince in pain from yet another fire ant bite, wiping unsightly amounts of sweat off my face and back while simultaneously seeing Max smile at me from across the shooting water cannons, covered in grass clippings, mud and possibly the left overs of a chicken mcnugget he discovered on the ground  - not to mention a mouthful of mud he thought looked yummy, it's time to throw in the towel and call it a day.


I digress. 


Straight from Etsy Dallas's blog - see below for more info on Supplies Me!
Supplies Me! Art + Craft Supply Sale is less than a week away! In addition to offering our crafty supply goodness to the public for sale, this event is a chance for our Etsy Dallas members to collect supplies and raise money for a good cause. Again, this year our charity of choice is Captain Hope's Kids .   "Captain Hope’s Kids has one goal in mind, to help those who cannot help themselves, children. Through the collection of donations, supplies and fundraisers, we intend to give homeless children their best chance at living a normal life." ( From the CHK website.)  Last year we collected over 10 bags of quality art and craft supplies from our members and donated over $200. You can read more about last year's event here. In response to the news that we were repeating the event this year, Brad Boss, CHK Program Director wrote, "The items donated last year were wonderful and the groups we gave them to loved them! I can't wait to see this year's result."
I'll be there!  Will you? 

1 comment:

  1. I love what Etsy has done for the creative artists :) Unfortunately, we are out of town during this event.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...