Friday, September 9, 2011

Inspired by Pinterest


I'm no artist. But I love projects. This past week my project was messy and I loved every minute of it. Inspired by Pinterest, I gave this crayola craft-time creation my very best. Do I like still like the photo on pinterest better? Yes. But am I giddy with pride that I tried it and (sort of) pulled it off...you bet.

I love color. In fact, I love it so much that I find myself putting more and more brightly colored decor around my home. Jonathan Adler tells me it's okay to be bold.

I flip through home interior magazines and adore the photos of neutrals and soft, subtle pops of color. But what do I find myself actually decorating my home with? Whites and brights. Maybe one day my living room will look less like an elementary school art class and more Jan Showers...but for now...I'm having fun being bold.

Note: Several items were damaged during the production of this artwork, including one casualty of a trusted friend, my glue gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...