Friday, December 30, 2011

grateful and optimistic

"when are we opening Christmas gifts?"
"will someone please tell me when we're opening Christmas gifts?!?!"

Christmas is splendid. Days and hours of fellowship, food, naps...and endless amounts of entertainment from Little Mister and all his cousins. It's been wonderful. And I'm exhausted. December has a way of zapping my energy and by the 23rd, I'm swearing I'll never, ever go to the mall during Christmas season again. (this is a lie, as i always go to the mall at the peak of craziness.)

But always, without fail, the 24th arrives and I've lost all the worries of getting Christmas cards out, shopping done, gifts wrapped...and instead, a much needed peace takes the place of it all. And gratitude. For family, salvation, love and grace...which is what this time of year is all about anyway.

Now I'm ready to ring in the new year (sans kiddos) and look ahead to what 2012 has in store.  Wishing you all a very festive New Year's celebration and a fantastic start to 2012!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...