Saturday, December 17, 2011

Go-go gadget legs...

How is it that, despite always wanting them, it's my son that got them. Long legs. I've come to appreciate the not-so-long variety. I mean, might as well. They're not going anywhere and if they ever did, I would sure miss these shorties. But back to the story - Little Mister has what I like to call, go-go-gadget legs. And today he used them to crawl out of his crib.

crawling & climbing all over the stairs
at our family photo shoot.

*photo courtesy of the
lovely lady at Recently
Just like any other day, I put him down for his afternoon nap, and immediately retreated to my favorite stomping ground (my desk, not a bar.) He cried for a minute or two and then...quiet. About five minutes later, I heard a big bump, and I considered going in his room to check on him - but with no teary sounds of pain...or any cries whatsoever...I went back to work on my super import (insert a little sarcasm) tasks, as usual.

It was about that time that I heard a sweet little noise, and turned around to see him peeking around the corner at me, with a grin the size of his pillow pet and a bright red, left cheek...which I later realized was the party favor from trying to party outside the crib. I truly didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Oh mercy, what do the days ahead hold for us? (please say they hold at least a little bit of sleep!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...